754 SOUTH TEMPLE, SALT LAKE CITY SOUTH TEMPLE HISTORIC DISTRICT
Originally built in the Georgian Style for the Franklin Motor Company, this property included a main level automobile show room, an upper level apartment and entertaining space, and repair shops at the rear of the building. It was significantly remodeled in the 1940’s by Farr’s Ice Cream and later converted into mixed use apartments, an art gallery, and a sandwich shop restaurant. Complicated for its size, our as-built documentation was revealing as we pieced together the history of the building and the logic of its structure. Conversion to an accessible modern restaurant was more challenging than meets the eye. Particularly challenging were the kitchen and mechanical systems deigns to integrate with the owners exacting requirements.
Design: Richardson Quann Associates
Construction: Progressive Remodelers, INC
Kitchen Consultant: Ric Jedrewski
Tax Credits: Declined
Photos: Provided by CRSA